Introducing Connected Care for Chronic Care Management
AppleCare Urgent Care is now offering Connected Care to qualified Medicare patients.
Connected Care is a Medicare service for patients with common conditions like arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure. Our dedicated care team will provide you with the best possible care between visits by partnering with you to proactively manage your health and help achieve your health goals!
Connected Care gives you on-demand access to care when you want it.
No more phone tag. Text us anytime.
Not feeling well? Have a question? Need someone to talk to? Simply text us at your convenience. Handle all the little things faster without waiting for a callback or scheduling a visit so you can spend more time doing what you love.
A personal healthcare assistant.
Text your care team for help with:
- Scheduling appointments, follow-ups, and sick visits
- Questions about your health, medication, and symptoms
- Requests for referrals, lab results, and more
Your very own health coach.
- Personalized care plans to help you achieve your health goals
- Weekly health reminders, tips, and assistance via text
- Monthly care plan reviews to keep you on track
Low-to-no costs for most patients.
Like medications, this program may have small copays some months. However, the prevention of one unnecessary hospital visit will save the average patient hundreds of dollars per prevented visit and most patients find their supplemental insurance helps cover most, if not all, the cost.
Connected Care: What to Expect as a Patient
What is Connected Care by AppleCare Urgent Care?
Connected Care is a Medicare Program that helps patients get access to the care they need in-between visits the moment they need it.
The program encourages your doctor, and our clinical team, to provide additional care to you in-between your visits to help you manage your health, and to achieve your health goals.
What should you expect as a Connected Care patient?
As a participant in Connected Care you will be given extra attention from the AppleCare Urgent Care Team month after month. Moving forward your Care Team will:
- Create and share a tailored Care Plan to help guide you on how to best manage your health in-between your visits.
- Send you 2 text messages per week as general check-ins to help you best manage your health and chronic conditions over time.
- Call you to discuss more sensitive health-related information such as lab results, medication schedules and compliance, etc.
- Function as a resource to you so that scheduling appointments, asking questions or getting referrals is easy and stress free.
- Ensure you avoid unnecessary and costly hospital visits through ongoing care management and early intervention in times of need.
What does Connected Care require of you, the patient?
The Connected Care Program requires nothing from you other than your engagement and response. We will be taking the time to help you best manage your health in-between your visits, so your response and engagement is both required and appreciated.
Often times patients find it most convenient to text instead of call for:
- Scheduling appointments & requesting referrals
- Symptom or health-related questions
- Medication questions and concerns
How much does the program cost?
There is little to no out-of-pocket costs for most patients. Standard Medicare cost sharing applies, but most patients have supplemental plans that cover cost sharing. Dual eligible patients with Medicare are not responsible for cost sharing. In addition, this service helps patients avoid more costly services by proactively managing your health and preventing more expensive complications.
What do you do if you no longer wish to participate?
If at any time you don’t find the program valuable, or worthwhile, just let us know! We will remove you from the program the moment you inform us that you no longer wish to participate in the Connected Care Program.