Frequently Asked Questions
- If you believe your life is at risk then call 911 or to the ER immediately.
- Urgent Care handles non-life threatening injuries and illnesses.
- Benefits of Urgent Care over ER are lower cost, lower co-pays, convenient locations, and shorter wait times.
- If you have insurance you could owe a co-pay, deductible, or possibly full payment for your visit.
- We can check your insurance coverage and requirements when you arrive.
- Self-pay pricing is available for those without insurance.
- An overview of self-pay prices can be found under the “insurance and billing” tab on this site.
- If there are several patients before right before closing, you can make an appointment online for the next day to avoid long wait times.
- Yes, we can!
- We can provide the initial (non-life threatening) visit.
- If needed, we can refer you to the proper provider and help schedule an appointment.
- If you have visited in the last (3) years, you do not need to complete New Patient paperwork.
- We have your charts and records electronically available, no matter which location was previously visited.
- If you have never visited us or it has been more than (3) years since your last visit, New Patient paperwork must be completed.
Still have questions? Click below to find the phone number for your closest AppleCare location – we’d be happy to help answer any questions you may have.